Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Treats from Aunt Becky

The kids have been begging for a treat all morning. So after lunch I brought out a "special" treat that Aunt Becky sent them from her trip to DC. They were sooo excited to get a sucker from Becky until... they opened it! It was a scorpion in a sucker!


I told them that it is probably a toy scorpion and to "just eat it!" They wanted to eat those suckers sooo bad. I talked Bryce into licking it a couple of times. You can read Kendal's lips, "Ewhhh! I don't want that bug to bite me!" We decided to smash the suckers to get the toy scorpion out so they could eat the suckers. Well, I am not expert but when we smashed the suckers we discovered that...
They were REAL scorpions!!!! The scorpions crumbled when we smashed the suckers. They sure were not plastic toys!
So we ate some Oreos instead!! Thanks for the entertainment, Becky!!!



5 comments:

Becky and Sundance said...

I thought they were funny but I think the looks on their faces are funnier!!! Hope they enjoyed them. :-)

Anonymous said...

bugs have never been treats. Ask aunt Terena how she likes to even look at a spider.. grandpa

Adam and Andrea said...

Yuck Becky! That is priceless.

Meagon said...

That is priceless. I am always impressed with your ability to get such moments on camera. I do find it very discusting. I would have been tempted to have them wash out their mouths.

Merodene said...

I'm with you Becky...the faces are the funniest part of the treat. There is some way weird candy out there!!!