Sunday, August 24, 2008

Love in a Bottle

Brian loves very spicy homemade canned salsa - the hotter the better. He has been out of salsa for a couple of months now. So I decided to show him how much I love him and make him salsa this weekend. It takes so much work to make that I decided that I would quadruple my recipe so I only had to make it once. He showed me how much he loves me by helping me chop pounds of peppers on Friday night. He stirred it all afternoon on Saturday and even helped me process it. (I even had 2 canners going). It is amazing how a Camp Chef makes canning manly. Brian was the Quality Control Manager. He stirred and tasted it all day while he watched the Olympics.
We ended up with 33 3/4 quarts of salsa. We would have had more, but SOMEONE tasted too much of it during the day.

3 comments:

Loric said...

Ooooo. Looks yummy! I'm very impressed. You got a ton done! I'm afraid I might have taste-tested a bit too often as well if I were in Brian's shoes. Who could resist?

Adam and Andrea said...

I'll take one please. HAHA!
Good job. I need to can some salsa also. We have been out for 2years and it's killing Adam. Great job!

Merodene said...

I bet the neighborhood was smelling great Saturday night!!!! I'm proud of you....it's a lot of hard work. Definately jars filled with love!!!